What are Supplementary Applications?
Supplementary applications are extra components that accompany some of our program applications. They help us learn more about you.
The format and requirements for each supplementary application vary depending on the program. Some are called “Auditions” or “Electronic Creative Submissions,” which have different requirements. Make sure that you’re aware of the requirements and deadlines for each program application.
What programs have Supplementary Applications and when are they due?
Level I Programs with a Supplementary Application:
- Arts & Science (due February 1, 2024 at 11:59 p.m. ET)
- Bachelor of Health Sciences (due early February 2024)
- Bachelor of Technology (due January 26, 2024 by noon ET)
- Business *optional submission* (due February 1, 2024)
- Computer Science (due January 26, 2024 by noon ET)
- Engineering (due January 26, 2024 by noon ET)
- iArts – Integrated Arts (due early-to-mid February 2024)
- Integrated Business & Humanities (due February 1, 2024)
- Integrated Science (due February 1st, 2024 by noon ET)
- iBioMed – Integrated Biomedical Engineering & Health Sciences (due January 26, 2024 by noon ET)
- Midwifery (Students sign up via CASPer for testing date)
- Music (Upload audition recording by February 1st, 2024 OR perform live via Zoom between January – March 2024)
- Nursing (Students sign up via CASPer for testing date)
Above Level I Programs with a Supplementary Application:
- Actuarial & Financial Mathematics (due April 30, 2024)
- Engineering (due April 17, 2024 by noon ET)
- Honours Health Sciences (due early May 2024)
- Health Sciences Biomedical Discovery & Commercialization Program (due February 1, 2024)
- Justice, Political Philosophy & Law (due April 1, 2024)
- Nursing – Accelerated Stream (Students sign up for testing date)
- Physician Assistant (supplementary application will be released by February 24. Due by March 2, 2024 by noon ET)
- Social Work (Honours) (due February 1, 2024)
Important information about Supplementary Applications
If you’re submitting a supplementary application, here are a few important considerations:
- Your supplementary application status may not show as “Complete” on your checklist until after the supplementary application deadline.
- Faculty of Engineering supplementary applications are completed through the Kira Talent platform. If you’re applying to multiple programs within the Faculty, you only need to complete the Kira Talent supplementary application once.
- If you’re applying to Midwifery and/or multiple McMaster Nursing sites (McMaster/Mohawk), you only have to complete CASPer once.