|Table of Contents|
|Prerequisite course search|
|Classes & mock schedule builder|
Prerequisite course search
The Bachelor of Health Sciences (Honours) Program requires a course that is not math, science or technology-based for admission to Level I. Please use the box below to search acceptable courses. NOTE: Co-op courses cannot be used for admission purposes. Please enter the first five characters of the Ontario secondary school course code (e.g. AMH4M) you would like to check. Applicants from other provinces / jurisdictions should contact the Admissions Office if they are unsure about the eligibility of a particular course.
Want to take a look at this year’s offerings and build a mock schedule? You can use McMaster’s MyTimetable tool to pick from Mac’s entire course offerings this year. We have pre-populated it with what your first semester may look like and left space for electives.
How does it work? Simply follow these steps:
- Step 1: Look at your first semester. You will see a schedule filled out with a typical first semester of courses. If you would like to start from scratch, press “Start Over” in the bottom left.
- Step 2: Start searching for classes in the box on the left. Don’t know where to start? You can type out subjects, such as “English” or “Physics” or pick from the courses listed below under “Typical First-Year Courses.” Classes that have the number “1” in the title are first-year courses.
- Step 3: Pick your classes and times. When you find a class that you like, click on it and it will appear in the calendar on the left. You can pick different tutorial and lecture times to fit the classes you want. When you find a class and times that you like, click on it in the calendar to pin it in place.
- Step 4: Fill out your schedule and save the URL. Keep picking classes and times until you have your schedule (this is usually five courses per semester). Once you’re finished, save your URL so you can come back and see what you’ve built.
What you’ll take:
- Cellular and Molecular Biology (HTHSCI 1I06 A/B)
- Introduction to Chemistry I (CHEM 1A03)
- Introduction to Chemistry II (CHEM 1AA3)
- Inquiry I: Introduction (HTHSCI 1E06 A/B)
- Interdisciplinary Problem-Solving in Health (HTHSCI 1G02)
- Praxis Pathways I (HTHSCI 1X01 A/B)
- Introduction to Health and Safety (WHMIS 1A00)
- 9 units of electives
Learn more about your requirements in BHSc I.
The curriculum in the BHSc (Honours) Program offers considerable flexibility, allowing students to explore a broad range of interests in different disciplines, or to cultivate an area of specific focus. Although most students opt to remain in the core program after first year, those with an interest can pursue the Child Health Specialization or concurrent certificates in Biomedical Sciences or Immunology, Microbiology, & Virology.
Students interested in global health have several flexible options to explore interdisciplinary perspectives in this exciting and dynamic field. With plenty of elective space, students in the BHSc (Honours) Program also have the opportunity to pursue a minor in many disciplines offered at McMaster.
Electives available in the BHSc stream:
Level II: 9 units
Level III: 18 units
Level IV: 12-21 units