It’s about more than being brilliant.
McMaster Engineers are empowered to be difference makers. We will teach you to be the engineer who sees only solutions, not problems. The one who can adapt easily to any situation, reinvent themselves throughout their career, and truly thrive in today’s dynamic technology-based economy.
Your first year:
It starts right from day one.
We’re ranked #1 in Canada for student satisfaction with a community-based project in first year (National Survey of Student Engagement 2017). We are taking this a step further by revamping our popular client-focused design course and integrating it throughout one-third of your entire first year curriculum.
With a focus on experiential, collaborative and project-based learning, students take real problems in society and learn the technical and teamwork skills to solve them.
In first year, you’ll gain a broad exposure to engineering before choosing a specialization for second year and beyond.
What you’ll take:
- General Chemistry for Engineering I
- Engineering Mathematics (three courses)
- Introductory Mechanics Waves, Electricity, and Magnetic Fields
- *NEW* Engineering Solutions Design Projects
- Electives: choose two courses (six units) of approved complementary studies electives