Fall Preview Open Houses
Saturday, October 27 and Saturday, November 17, 2018, 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Both Fall Preview events are identical – simply RSVP for the one that works for you.
- Learn in-depth information about the program you are interested in during our info sessions
- Speak with our friendly staff about academic programs and student services
- Explore our beautiful campus on foot
- See seven of our residences from 10a.m. until 3:30p.m.
- Free parking will be available in designated lots (See below for details)
- Click here to download our Fall Preview handout
- RSVP is recommended
Information Sessions (30 – 45 minutes long)
|Arts & Science||10a.m. and 1p.m.||MDCL 1110|
Integrated Business and Humanities
|10:30a.m., 12p.m. and 2p.m.||MUSC – 3rd Floor|
|Engineering||10a.m., 11a.m., 1p.m. and 2p.m.||BSB 147|
|Bachelor of Technology||11a.m. and 1p.m.||ETB 235/236|
|Computer Science||11a.m. and 2p.m.||ITB 137|
|Integrated Biomedical Engineering||10a.m., 2p.m. and 3p.m.||MDCL 1105|
|Health Sciences (Honours)
Educating for Capability
|11a.m. and 1p.m. (October 27)
1p.m. and 3p.m. (November 17)
|Nursing||10a.m., 12p.m. and 2p.m.||MDCL 1102|
|Humanities, Music and Studio Art||11:30a.m. and 1p.m.||LRW Concert Hall|
|Chemical & Physical Sciences Gateway||11:30a.m. and 2p.m.||MDCL 1309|
|Environmental & Earth Sciences Gateway||10:45a.m. and 1p.m.||MDCL 1309|
|Life Sciences Gateway||12:15p.m. and 2p.m. (October 27)
11:15a.m. and 2p.m. (November 17)
|Mathematics & Statistics Gateway||10:45a.m. and 1p.m.||MDCL 1105|
|Integrated Science||11a.m. and 2p.m.||MDCL 1110|
|Kinesiology||10a.m. and 12:15p.m.||LRW B1007|
|Medical Radiation Sciences||11:00a.m. and 1p.m.||MDCL 1102|
|First Year Science – All You Need to Know||10a.m.
MDCL 1309 (12:15pm and 3:00pm session)
|Social Sciences, Economics, Health & Society||11a.m., 1p.m. and 2p.m.||LRW B1007|
ABB – A. N. Bourns Building
BSB – Burke Science Building
DSB – DeGroote School of Business
ETB – Engineering Technology Building
ITB – Information Technology Building
IWC – Ivor Wynne Centre
JHE – John Hodgins Engineering
KTH – Kenneth Taylor Hall
LRW – L. R. Willson Hall
MDCL – Michael DeGroote Centre for Learning & Discovery
MUSC – McMaster University Student Centre
TSH – Togo Salmon Hall
Click here to see a campus map.
PLEASE NOTE: Session times and locations may be adjusted. Visitors will be provided with a printed agenda upon arrival.
Faculty/Program Specific Activities
DeGroote School of Business (most activities running from 10a.m. until 4p.m.)
- Student Life Showcase – DSB Atrium
- Faculty Meet and Greet and Network with Career Mentors – DSB Bistro
- Student Experience Office- DSB 112
- Experiential Learning Presentations DSB A102
- Allen H. Gould Trading Floor Information Sessions (30-minute sessions) DSB 122A
- DeGroote Commerce Society Club Fair – DSB Student Lounge
- Innis Business Library Tours – KTH 108 – 10a.m. until 3:45p.m.
Faculty of Engineering
- General Faculty of Engineering Tours will be available from the JHE lobby and will cover spaces related to Engineering, Integrated Biomedical Engineering and Health Sciences, Computer Sciences and Bachelor of Technology. (10a.m. – 3p.m.)
- Information Tables in JHE Lobby (10a.m. until 4p.m.)
- Engineering Clubs & Teams Showcase and “Engineering is for Everyone” Fair – in HATCH (Levels 1 and 2) – 10a.m. – 3p.m.
Faculty of Humanities
- Black Box Theatre Open House from 11a.m. – 2p.m. in LRW First Floor
- LRW Concert Hall Open House (between presentations) from 10-11am and 1:30-3:00p.m.
- Fitzhenry Studio and Atrium Open House from 11a.m. – 2p.m. with a formal guided tour at 12p.m. leaving from Togo Salmon Hall (EAST) Lower Level
- Language, Brain and Memory Lab – formal guided tours at 11a.m. and 1p.m. in LRW Room 4020
- Information Tables in LRW Waller Lobby
Faculty of Science
- Guided Science Tours available from 10:30a.m. until 2:30p.m. (1 hour in length). Tours depart from Gilmour Hall, first floor.
- Lab Drop Ins (from 10a.m. – 3p.m. unless otherwise noted)
- Biochemistry & Biomedical Sciences Lab (starting at 10:30a.m.), HSC 1H3
- Biology Lab (starting at 10:30a.m.), BSB 218
- Chemistry and Chemical Biology Lab, ABB 122
- Geography & Earth Sciences Lab (starting at 10:30a.m.), BSB 343
- Integrated Science Lab (starting at 10:30 a.m.), GSB 116
- Kinesiology Lab (10:45a.m. and 1p.m. following the Kinesiology presentations), IWC Lobby
- Living Systems Lab, ABB 119
- Physics & Astronomy Lab, BSB B114 and B115
- Medical Radiation Sciences, IAHS
- Planetarium Show (15 minute shows) 10:30a.m. – 2:30p.m., BSB B149
- Information Tables for Science Programs – Gilmour Hall 111
Faculty of Social Sciences
- Information Tables for Social Sciences Programs – L.R. Wilson Hall
- Lily the Canine Advisor (11a.m.-1p.m.), LRW Community Room
- Indigenous Studies Program Ceremonial Room, LRW 1811
Drop by the McMaster University Students Centre (MUSC) from 10a.m. – 3:30p.m. to speak to representatives from:
- Athletics and Recreation
- Hospitality (Food Services)
- Housing (Residence Admissions)
- Student Accessibility Services
- Student Wellness Centre
- Student Financial Aid and Scholarships
- Student Success Centre
Campus and Residence Tours
General Campus Tours
Tour our campus in 45 minutes with one of our student guides. No registration is required. The last tour leaves at 3p.m. Visit the McMaster University Student Centre (MUSC) to get started.
Visit seven of our 12 residences and get a feel for residence life! The following buildings will be open for tours: Bates, Brandon, Hedden, Les Prince, Mary E. Keyes, McKay and Wallingford. Tours are on a drop-in basis from 10a.m. – 3:30p.m. Click here to locate our residences.
Parking and Directions
The Student Recruitment Office and Security and Parking Services at McMaster are happy to offer complimentary parking to Fall Preview visitors! Upon parking your vehicle, simply hop on one of our shuttle buses which will deliver you to the centre of campus, near the McMaster University Student Centre to start your day! FREE PARKING is located in Lots M, N and P. If you choose to park in any other lot on campus, we will not be able to validate your parking. Please enter campus through Cootes Drive. Please reference the image, click on the image for a map, or use the GPS coordinates 43.2615361,-79.9233498 on Google Maps.
Directions from Toronto, Oakville, Burlington:
Take Highway 403 to the Main Street West exit. At the traffic lights at the top of the ramp turn left onto Main Street West (heading west). Continue along Main Street in the second to the far right hand lane until you pass the Hospital entrance. At the following set of lights merge right to take the corner onto Cootes Drive. Take the first McMaster University exit (right) off of Cootes Drive and Parking Officers will direct you to the parking lots.
Directions from St. Catharines and the Niagara Peninsula:
Follow the Queen Elizabeth Way over the Skyway Bridge as though going to Toronto. Take Highway 403 West towards Hamilton and follow the directions from Toronto, Oakville, Burlington as previously described.
Directions from Kitchener/Waterloo
Take Highway 8 to the Town of Dundas. Proceed along King Street straight through Dundas and this will become Highway 102 (Cootes Drive). Exit off Cootes Drive on the right for McMaster University. Parking Officers will direct you to the nearest parking lots.
Directions from Brantford and London
From Brantford travel on Highway 403 East to the Aberdeen Street exit. After exiting Highway 403 turn left onto Longwood Road (first lights) and proceed to Main Street (next lights). Turn left onto Main Street. Continue along Main Street in the second to the far right hand lane until you pass the Hospital entrance. At the following set of lights merge right to take the corner onto Cootes Drive. Take the first McMaster University exit (right) off of Cootes Drive and Parking Officers will direct you to the parking lots.