March Break General Campus & Residence Tours
March Break tours take place Monday, March 16, 2020 to Friday, March 20, 2020 at 10:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. General tours are designed for secondary-school students considering undergraduate studies at McMaster University. They are led by a current McMaster student who can provide you with information about our campus as well as student life.
Saturday tours will be offered during every Saturday in March 2020. These tours are student-run. Liaison officers are unavailable on Saturdays for admissions and academic advice, but can be contacted during our regular office hours: Monday-Friday from 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
All tour options require registration in advance. If you are unable to visit us during March Break, please consider attending the May at Mac Open House on Saturday, May 9, 2020 (details will be available mid-April).
These 90-minute general walking tours are not program-specific. Tours typically include:
- Student Centre
- Athletic Centre
- One eatery
- Two residence styles
- One library
- A lecture hall
- A tutorial room and/or lab
- Other facilities
All March Break general campus tours will depart from the McMaster University Student Centre (MUSC). Saturday tours will depart from the Student Recruitment Office, Gilmour Hall 102. If you require assistance, please contact us at 905-525-4600.
Program Specific Tours
March Break Faculty of Engineering Tours
March Break Faculty of Engineering tours will take place from Monday, March 16th- Friday, March 20th at 10:30 a.m., 12:30 p.m. and 2:30 p.m. In addition, we will be offering Saturday tours on Saturday, March 14th and Saturday, March 21st at 10:30 a.m., 12:30 p.m. and 2:30 p.m. Tours are 60 minutes in length and will cover the Faculty of Engineering’s four programs: Engineering, Integrated Biomedical Engineering & Health Sciences, Bachelor of Technology, and Computer Science. Tours are led by a current Faculty of Engineering student and provide information about programs, extracurricular activities and student life.
Please note: March Break tours will depart from the lobby of the John Hodgins Engineering Building (JHE). Please arrive at least 10 minutes prior to your tour. If you require assistance, please contact email@example.com or 905-525-9140, ext. 27174.
March Break Science Tours
March Break Science Tours will take place from Monday, March 16th to Friday, March 20th, leaving at 10:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m., from the McMaster University Student Centre (MUSC).
Science tours are 75 minutes in length and highlight the labs and facilities used by students in Level I Science programs, including Biology, Chemistry, Geography & Environmental Science, Integrated Sciences (iSci), Kinesiology, Medical Radiation Sciences and Physics.
For more details, please contact 905-525-9140, ext. 27590 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
March Break Tour Check-in Details
Once on Campus
- We recommend parking in the Underground Stadium Parking Lot and walking approximately six minutes towards the Student Centre. March Break Campus and Residence Tours will leave from the Student Centre.
- Walking to the Student Centre from the Underground Stadium Parking Lot:
- Proceed south along Michell Crescent (the street that runs parallel to Ron Joyce Stadium)
- At the stop sign, cross the street (Stearn Drive) and continue up the stairs, or ramp, beneath Togo Salmon Hall
- Head straight across the courtyard and enter the McMaster University Student Centre entrance (automatic sliding doors)
- Once inside, take the stairs down to the main level and continue to walk straight until you hit the Tim Hortons on your right
- From there, you should be able to see the March Break Campus Tours set up in the lower level in front of you
- If you would like a printed map, you can download one here. The Student Centre is indicated with the abbreviation: MUSC. The Underground Stadium Parking Lot is marked with a star, located to the right side of the page.
- Parking in the Underground Stadium Parking Lot is $6.00 per hour, to a maximum of $20.00. You can find additional parking rates here.
Getting to Campus
For GPS purposes, please use the intersection of Sterling Street and Forsyth Avenue (185 Sterling Street, Hamilton, Ontario) as coordinates to guide you to the campus entrance. We highly recommend using the Sterling Street entrance because it is the closest to the campus tour meeting location.
There are also a variety of options for you to access public transportation on your way to our campus.