Student Success Centre
Your success is at the core of the services and programs offered by the Student Success Centre at McMaster University. Our long-standing commitment will support you from the time you accept your offer of admission up to 5 years after graduation in the areas of orientation and transition, academic skills, leadership, service-learning, volunteerism, educational planning, employment and career transition. For a comprehensive look at the programs and services available through the Student Success Centre, visit studentsuccess.mcmaster.ca.
Find the Student Success Centre on Facebook: facebook.com/MacSSC
Student Wellness Centre
Wellness in mind, body and spirit is essential as you learn, grow and change during your time here at McMaster. The new Student Wellness Centre provides services that will enhance your personal and academic success. Staffed by highly qualified service providers (family physicians, personal counselors, registered nurses, psychologists, psychiatrists, wellness educators) with a special interest in university students, we provide student-centered, accessible, confidential, and caring services for you.
- personal and psychological counseling
- medical care for illness and injury
- wellness education and health promotion
- academic success counseling
- student leadership opportunities in wellness outreach
- group counseling and workshops
- sports medicine, psychiatry, naturopathic medicine, referrals AND MORE!
The Student Wellness Centre clinical and educational teams are here to support you in reaching your full potential.
Student Accessibility Services (SAS)
Committed to the continual improvement of learning accessibility for students with disabilities including learning disabilities, acquired brain injury, mental health disorders, ADHD, chronic illness, and sensory or mobility disabilities. Students are encouraged to contact our office prior to the start of classes to become familiar with our services which include:
- Academic Accommodations for Courses
- Guidance from a Program Coordinator
- Study and writing skills from a Learning Strategist
- Assistance with technology from an Assistive Technologist
- Summer Orientation Program to support the transition from High School to University http://sas.mcmaster.ca/transition
Student Wellness Education Lower Lounge (SWELL)
Located on the basement level of the Student Centre across from the Underground design centre, the lounge was conceived as a drop-in space for students hoping to relax, chat with wellness educators and take a break from the hectic nature of campus life. The lounge aims to introduce students to the various mental health services offered at McMaster, including group, personal and psychological counselling, and a wide variety of wellness activities.
International Student Services (ISS)
ISS provides core services to the international student population and to Canadian students wishing to go abroad. These services include:
- advising on immigration matters
- promotion and administration of international exchange programs, study/work/volunteer abroad opportunities
- mentorship programs
- language cafè
- promoting, supporting and guiding students for international careers
- health insurance for international degree-seeking students, exchange
- students and visiting students